A STRANGER AND I TOOK HIM IN…..
“He’s gone to his eternal reward.”
Sounds great, doesn’t it. The phrase is mentally soothing. . .emotionally comforting and spiritually authoritative.
The phrase is the religious way of saying that someone has gone to heaven.
As best as I can tell. . .the phrase was first written by the author James Joyce in his book The Sisters which was published in 1905.
Now don’t get me wrong. . .I’m not belittling the meaning of the expression.
It’s Good Friday. . .as I seek the Lord about my Easter Sunday night teaching at TLC,
I was led to 1 Corinthians 15:20-22:
“But now is Christ risen from the dead, and become the firstfruits of them that slept.
For since by man came death, by man came also the resurrection of the dead. For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive.”
As I was meditating on this scripture. . .I felt the Lord leading me to write on this passage. At first, I wasn’t sure exactly what he wanted me to write about.
Did He want me to write about how Resurrection Sunday should be celebrated 52 weeks a year?
I just love the unction of the Holy Spirit. . .how He corrects and directs at the same time. I even have to smile at how He does it. . .in ways you least expect it.
Recently, I was reading a book. . .which I wouldn't recommend for everybody. . .that's why I'm not giving you the title in this blog.
This particular author listed three reasons he thinks people are unsuccessful. He said people are: # 1 lazy, # 2 stupid and # 3 they don't give a . . . . well you know what that means.
Over the years, I’ve counseled so many partners to wait for Isaac because they don’t need Ishmael in their lives. We should always. . .always want God’s best in our lives.
It’s always best to wait for God’s best. . .because life is too short to do anything without God's best.
Recently, I came across a quote which not only fired my imagination but confirmed the advice I’d given over the years.
More Articles ...
- 7 Things About The Golden Rule
- 7 Leadership Qualities To Becoming A King
- Quit Looking In The Rearview Mirror
- 7 Keys To Being A Dreamer
- 7 Things To Do To Experience 7 Kinds Of Wealth
- 7 Ways To Develop The Right Kind Of Attitude
- Seven Life-Changing Exercises
- 3M Plus 2M Plus 2M Equals Your Success
- 7 Reasons God Wants You To Be An Action Star
- 7 Steps To Putting Pressure On The Word
- 5 Keys To Being Filled With The Holy Spirit
- 7 Ways To Guarantee Financial Failure Or Overcome It
- 7 Things To Do If You Lose Your Job Or Want A Better One
- Why Does God Want You Successful?
- 7 Things Old People Should Never Have To Do
- 7 Keys To Entering God's Circle Of Blessing
- 7 Things About Your Past To Assure You A Prosperous Future
- 15 Thought-Provoking Facts About July 4th
- 7 Steps To A Miracle Harvest
- 7 Characteristics of Effective Leadership