1. Thanksgiving should be something you initiate.
Leviticus 22:29 says:
“And when ye will offer a sacrifice of thanksgiving unto the LORD, offer it at your own will.”
2. You should begin your prayers with thanksgiving.
Nehemiah 11:17 in the New King James version says:
“. . the leader who began the thanksgiving in prayer. .”
3. Continually write down and sing about what you’re thankful for.
Psalm 26:7 says:
” That I may publish with the voice of thanksgiving, and tell of all thy wondrous works.”
4. Mixing your giving with thanksgiving will deliver you from your troubles.
Psalm 50:14-15 in the Amplified Bible says:
“Offer to God the sacrifice of thanksgiving, and pay your vows to the Most High, And call on Me in the day of trouble; I will deliver you, and you shall honor and glorify Me.”
5. Praise God with thanksgiving in songs (that means everybody, including folks who sing like I do).
Psalm 69:30 says:
“I will praise the name of God with a song, and will magnify him with thanksgiving.”
6. You enter into your secret place of prayer with thanksgiving.
Psalm 95:2 says:
“Let us come before his presence with thanksgiving, and make a joyful noise unto him with psalms.”
7. Thanksgiving will take you through the tough times to a better place.
Isaiah 51:3 says:
“For the LORD shall comfort Zion: he will comfort all her waste places; and he will make her wilderness like Eden, and her desert like the garden of the LORD; joy and gladness shall be found therein, thanksgiving, and the voice of melody.”
8. Words of thanksgiving will get you out of the dumps.
Jeremiah 30:18 in the Message Bible says:
“Thanksgivings will pour out of the windows; laughter will spill through the doors. Things will get better and better. Depression days are over.”
9. Your generosity will bring others into thanksgiving.
2 Corinthians 9:11-12 in the Amplified Bible says:
“Thus you will be enriched in all things and in every way, so that you can be generous, and [your generosity as it is] administered by us will bring forth thanksgiving to God. For the service that the ministering of this fund renders does not only fully supply what is lacking to the saints (God's people), but it also overflows in many [cries of] thanksgiving to God.”
10 Have a daily attitude of thanksgiving and let God know what you want.
Philippians 4:6 in the Amplified Bible says:
“Do not fret or have any anxiety about anything, but in every circumstance and in everything, by prayer and petition (definite requests), with thanksgiving, continue to make your wants known to God.”BLOG COMMENTS POWERED BY DISQUS