The best way to get over a past mistake is get on to something new.
Don’t dwell on what you’ve messed up. . .get up. .confess your mistakes and move on.
Here are seven ways to get over past mistakes.
1. Stop talking about it.
Continually talking about a mistake. . .keeps it alive. It’s like scratching a mosquito bite. . .your just going to make it worse.
2. Recognize that your past. . .is just that. . .past.
No matter how gifted or talented you are. . .you can change the past. . .so leave it alone.
3. Learn from mistakes. . .what will you do differently.
Spend a specific amount of time determining why what happened happened. . .then move on so you never make the same mistake twice.
4. Creating a plan for the future is the best way to escape the past.
If you’ve got a plan for the future. . .it will stop you from living in the past.
5. Be discerning on who you allow to make deposits and withdrawals in your life.
Hang around with and learn from people who can add to the quality and success of your life. Only allow those speaking the pure, the powerful and the positive from the word of God to speak into your life.
6. Stay focused.
What you focus on. . .expands in your life.
7. Recognize and celebrate small victories
Celebrate. . .forward progress.
Exodus 14:15 in The Living Bible says:
“Then the Lord said to Moses, “Quit praying and get the people moving! Forward, march!”BLOG COMMENTS POWERED BY DISQUS