"One of the very worst uses of time is to do something very well that need not be done at all." Brian Tracy, author of Get more Done In Less Time.
Your time is your life. . .if you waste your time. . .you’ve wasted your life.
"Time = Life, Therefore, waste your time and waste of your life, or master your time and master your life." Alan Lakein, author of How To Get Control Of Your Time And Your Life.
Make no mistake about it. . .effective stewardship involves more than money. . .you will be called into account for use of your time as well.
"Lost time is never found again." Benjamin Franklin, statesman.
Here are seven ways to stop wasting your life.
1. Emails…once and done. Read your emails once and respond….eliminate emails from organizations, political, ministry or otherwise that you will seldom, if ever read.
2. Remove temptation. Catalogues…stop catalogues from coming into your home. . .especially, if you have a problem with impulse shopping.
3. Surfing the Net the right way. Eliminate reading things on the internet that will not increase your wisdom, income or opportunities to do the things God created you to achieve.
4. TV with a plan. Unlimited and/or unplanned television viewing…I watch ESPN highlights not the game.
5. Think before you speak. Avoid longer telephone conversations than necessary when talking about unnecessary things.
6. Tame your texting. If the conversation is important…call…if not, allow your fingers to be doing something that is.
7. Drive time without a purpose….learning….calling clients….all with hands free device….listen to your Pastor’s sermon from last Sunday or to one of our teaching CDs.
“Keep the main thing. . .the main thing.” Stephen CoveyBLOG COMMENTS POWERED BY DISQUS