You can spot them right away. . .they will ask you what faith you are.
You can know that the person asking that question. . .doesn’t understand the difference between a denominational affiliation and the key to all the blessings and benefits of God.
A religious person will ask about your church membership or religious preference but a believer will ask you what the Lord has revealed to you lately.
There are some very simple criteria that we can use to determine what faith is and what it isn’t.
First, here are five things faith isn’t.
1. Faith isn’t a code name for the denomination you belong to.
2. Faith isn’t demanding God show us visible proof before we put our trust in Him.
3. Faith isn’t for use only during a crisis.
4. Faith isn’t trying to manipulate God through our prayers.
5. Faith isn’t getting impatient or doubtful when we can’t see anything happening.
Now let’s talk about five things that faith is.
1. Faith is that which rises up inside of you when circumstances threaten your family, finances or future.
2. Faith is unmovable and unchangeable even though your victory has not yet come.
3. Faith keeps you standing in the winds of adversity.
4. Faith keeps you pointed in the right direction and that’s toward victory.
5. Faith will help you get rid of inner conversations that say it will never happen, it’s too late or there’s no way. Faith reminds you. . .He is the Way.
What does the Word of God say that faith is?
Hebrews 11:1 in the Amplified Bible says:
“NOW FAITH is the assurance (the confirmation, the title deed) of the things [we] hope for, being the proof of things [we] do not see and the conviction of their reality [faith perceiving as real fact what is not revealed to the senses].”
How about . . .
2 Corinthians 13:5 in the New Living Translation says:
“Examine yourselves to see if your faith is genuine. Test yourselves. Surely you know that Jesus Christ is among you; if not, you have failed the test of genuine faith.”BLOG COMMENTS POWERED BY DISQUS