7 Things Successful People Will Never Say

. .

I literally have hundreds of quotes and multiplied dozens of books on success.

I’ve written enough about success to create a book the size of War and Peace. . .which by the way is 1,225 pages.

But, I’m been prompted to discuss it again. . .this time from a different perspective. Here are seven things a successful person will never say.

1.      I’ll try.

The word “try” means it’s not going to happen.

In life you either do something or you don’t. Trying to do something just doesn’t cut it.

In seminars around the world, I’ve asked people to try and take an ink pen out of my hand. They always reach up and take the pen. Then I tell them that I told them to try and take the pen out of my hand.

Here’s a revelation. . .you don’t try anything; you either do or you don’t.

The phrase “I’ll try” needs to be eliminated from your vocabulary. Replace “I’ll try” with “I will.”

“I’ll try” means that you feel compelled to do something that you really don’t want to do and probably won’t.

2.      I can’t decide.

George Bernard Shaw, the noted playwright, said:

“The possibilities are numerous once we decide to act and not react.”

Not making a decision. . .is making a decision.

By being indecisive. . .you allow others and your circumstances to determine your future. Not a good plan.

William James once said:

“When you have a choice to make and you don’t make it, that in itself is a choice.”

James 1:23 in the Message Bible says:

“Those who hear and don’t act are like those who glance in the mirror, walk away, and two minutes later have no idea who they are, what they look like.”

You have to make a decision to change. It will take effort on your part.

There comes a moment when every successful person realizes they must take a stand and make a decision. They and they alone are responsible for their own destiny.

Pope John XXIII said:

“It often happens that I wake up at night and begin to think about a serious problem and decide I must tell the Pope about it. Then I wake up completely and remember that I am the Pope.”

Successful people never shy about from making decisions. . .especially, the tough ones.

3.      I missed my chance.

Get ready. . .you going to shout Hallelujah after I make the next statement.

Nothing in life is permanent. . .neither mistakes, failures, troubles, problems or sin.

Two scriptures to confirm this statement.

Jeremiah 31:34 in the Contemporary English Version says:

“. . . I will forgive their sins and forget the evil things they have done."

God is ready for you to experience a new beginning at this very moment.

Micah 4:7 in the New Life Version says:

“I will make a new beginning with those who cannot walk. I will make a strong nation of those who have been driven away. And the Lord will rule over them in Mount Zion from that day and forever.”

It’s time to stop talking and start doing. It’s even time to stop praying and get moving.

God is always ready to forgive, forget and give you a new beginning.

Maria Robinson, the author, said:

“Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.”

My fine wife, Bev, frequently says: “You haven’t missed your opportunity yet.”

Have you, your children or grandchildren every played with Legos? These building blocks come in various sizes, shapes and colors. By stacking the Legos together you can build whatever you choose.

Imagine your life is like a set of Legos. . .you can make anything you want.

If your creation is knocked down by either yourself or someone else. . .you can start building again. . .and create a masterpiece limited only by your natural mind.

The only way that you ever miss your opportunity for success is if you quit or don’t care.

4.      It won’t work.

Let me tell you the only thing that won’t work in your life. . .is attacks of the enemy.

Vashawn Mitchell has a great gospel song entitled “No Way.”

The lyrics say:

No way no weapon is formed shall prosper

No way no weapon is formed shall prosper

It just won't work

It just won't work

No way

Tried to tear me down but I'm still standing

Wanted what I have but I'm sustaining

Scandalized my name, tried to bring me shame

But there is no way

(Chorus)

I am more than a conqueror

Through Christ that loves me

That's why I'm still here

I have already been set free

Godly, successful people know that no weapon formed against them shall prosper and that all things are possible to those who believe. So say, it won’t work is beyond the realm of possibilities.

5.      I don’t know how or what to do next.

Have you ever said or thought about saying: “I just don’t know what to do next?”

First thing you need to do is breathe a little deeper.   You’re not alone. . . AND the good news is . . . there is an answer.

The Amplified Bible translation of Jeremiah 33:2,3 says:

“Call to Me and I will answer you and show you great and mighty things, fenced in and hidden, which you do not know (do not distinguish and recognize, have knowledge of and understand).”

Elohim, the Almighty One, will show you . . . things that you have no knowledge of. It doesn’t matter whether you understand something now or not, because God will show you “great and mighty things” which you previously had no knowledge of.

The Message Bible translation of Jeremiah 33:3 is awe-inspiring:

“`I'll tell you marvelous and wondrous things that you could never figure out on your own.'”

When you just don’t know what to do. . .get in the Word of God. . .get in His presence until He begins to direct your path.

6.      I can’t catch a break.

“I didn’t get the job I was supposed to get.”

“My investor backed out on me at the last minute.”

“I need a new transmission in my car.”

“The company put a freeze on all pay increases and bonuses.”

A large number of people who utter the phrases above and some similar to that will probably say. . .I just can’t catch a break.

Here’s what I know. . .if you live in the United States or any of the industrialized nations of the world. . .you’ve caught a big break.

If you don’t live in an area. . .plaque by Ebola, terrorist attacks, hunger, fear or little or no food. . .you’ve caught a big break.

A successful person never complains about adversity. . .they just change their circumstances.

William Arthur Ward, the noted inspirational writer, said:

“Adversity causes some men to break; others to break records.”

If you can’t seem to catch a break. . .then create the one you need.

7.      It’s never been done before.

One of my favorite quotes which I have cross-stitched and framed is by the legendary baseball player Sachel Paige who said:

“One of my greatest joys in life is doing what they said couldn’t be done.”

Here are five-powerful reasons and scriptures why you or any person who desires to be successful. . .should never say. . .it’s never been done before.

First, all things are possible for those who believe.

Mark 9:23 in the God’s Word Translation:

“Jesus said to him, “As far as possibilities go, everything is possible for the person who believes.”

Second, God will perform miracles never done before.

Exodus 34:10 in the New Living Translation says:

“The LORD replied, "Listen, I am making a covenant with you in the presence of all your people. I will perform miracles that have never been performed anywhere in all the earth or in any nation. And all the people around you will see the power of the LORD--the awesome power I will display for you.”

Third, Jesus is doing what He says God doing.

John 5:19 in the Amplified Bible says:

“So Jesus answered them by saying, I assure you, most solemnly I tell you, the Son is able to do nothing of Himself (of His own accord); but He is able to do only what He sees the Father doing, for whatever the Father does is what the Son does in the same way [in His turn].”

Fourth, if you believe. . .you will do greater miracles than Jesus.

John 14:12 says:

“Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father.”

Never say. . .it can’t be done.

BLOG COMMENTS POWERED BY DISQUS