May I suggest that today as you gather around the table for your Thanksgiving Day meal. . .that you take a moment and have everyone write out the things they’re thankful for this year. . .
When you begin praising God with an attitude of Thanksgiving . . . the devil gets nervous and calls 911. . .because he knows he’s in trouble.
Here’s ten things that I know to be true about thanksgiving.
1. Thanksgiving should be something you initiate.
“And when ye will offer a sacrifice of thanksgiving unto the LORD, offer it at your own will.” Leviticus 22:29
2. You should begin your prayers with thanksgiving.
“. . the leader who began the thanksgiving in prayer. .” Nehemiah 11:17 NKJ
3. Continually write down and sing about what you’re thankful for.
” That I may publish with the voice of thanksgiving, and tell of all thy wondrous works.”Psalm 26:7
4. Mixing your giving with thanksgiving will deliver you from your troubles.
“Offer to God the sacrifice of thanksgiving, and pay your vows to the Most High, And call on Me in the day of trouble; I will deliver you, and you shall honor and glorify Me.” Psalm 50:14-15 AMP
5. Praise God with thanksgiving in songs (that means everybody, including folks who sing like I do).
“I will praise the name of God with a song, and will magnify him with thanksgiving.” Psalm 69:30
6. You enter into your secret place of prayer with thanksgiving.
“Let us come before his presence with thanksgiving, and make a joyful noise unto him with psalms.” Psalm 95:2
7. Thanksgiving will take you through the tough times to a better place.
“For the LORD shall comfort Zion: he will comfort all her waste places; and he will make her wilderness like Eden, and her desert like the garden of the LORD; joy and gladness shall be found therein, thanksgiving, and the voice of melody.” Isaiah 51:3
8. Words of thanksgiving will get you out of the dumps.
“Thanksgivings will pour out of the windows; laughter will spill through the doors. Things will get better and better. Depression days are over.” Jerem 30:18 MSG
9. Your generosity will bring others into thanksgiving.
“Thus you will be enriched in all things and in every way, so that you can be generous, and [your generosity as it is] administered by us will bring forth thanksgiving to God. For the service that the ministering of this fund renders does not only fully supply what is lacking to the saints (God's people), but it also overflows in many [cries of] thanksgiving to God.” 2 Corinthians 9:11-12 AMP
10 Have a daily attitude of thanksgiving and let God know what you want.
“Do not fret or have any anxiety about anything, but in every circumstance and in everything, by prayer and petition (definite requests), with thanksgiving, continue to make your wants known to God.” Philippians 4:6 AMP
BLOG COMMENTS POWERED BY DISQUS