This teaching contains a lot of practical insight for getting your new year off to a great start. Join us for SUNDAY NITE LIVE tonight at 6 PM (CST).
“Plan your work and work your plan.”. Vince Lombardi
Proverbs 21:5 NLT
“He who every morning plans the transaction of the day and follows out that plan, carries a thread that will guide him through the maze of the most busy life. But where no plan is laid, where the disposal of time is surrendered merely to the chance of incidence, chaos will soon reign.” Victor Hugo
1. Tonight before you go to bed. . .create a to-do list of the things you plan to accomplish tomorrow.
First, your list should only include things that are scripturally acceptable for you to accomplish.
Second, your “to do” list should reflect daily tasks in accomplishing your goals in the six major areas of your life.
Third, your “to do” list should ALWAYS include tasks for your personal spiritual growth.
Fourth, your “to do” list should be satisfying because of the things it will allow you to accomplish and/or eliminate from your priorities and goals.
Fifth and finally, an effective divine “to do” list should make sure that you’re doing everything decently and in order.
Proverbs 6:4 NLT
Ecclesiastes 11:4 TLB
2. Select, buy or identify your primary data organizer and retrieval system.
Luke 14:28-30 MSG
3. If your time is your life…and it is…how are you managing it?
First, read and respond to your emails and snail mail the first time you look at them,,,
Second, use the alarms and timers on your phone to set aside a certain period of time for specific functions.
Third, limit your phone conversations, texting and chats to a specific amount of time.
Fourth, don’t waste time on idle gossip or meaningless conversations.
Fifth, determine how much time you will spend watching TV and or surfing the net.
Sixth, give and expect punctuality on your appointments.
Seventh, when it comes to your dreams and goals. . .create specific timelines.
4. Inspect what you expect.
Lamentations 3:40 NLT
1 Timothy 4:15 NLT
“Give your complete attention to these matters. Throw yourself into your tasks so that everyone will see your progress.”
5. Be a mentor and a protégé at the same time.
Here are ten strategies for finding a mentor.
1. What area do you need mentoring in?
2. Create a list of possible mentors.
3. Start with the big dog or top cat and work down.
4. Write down everything you know about that person
6. Who do you know who knows them?
7. Prepare to contact them.
8. Make contact.
9. Follow up with a thank you note.
10. If at first you don’t succeed, try the next one.
6. Remove obstacles, roadblocks and delays from your future.
Proverbs 12:27 MSG
7. Review, reflect and rejoice over your victories for the day.
Judges 5:10 MSG
“Lord, grant that I may always desire more than I can accomplish.” Michelangelo