Here's the teaching outline for SUNDAY NITE LIVE. Join us at 6 PM EST.
1. You gotta have the right attitude about whatever you’re facing.
Philippians 2:5 NLT
“You must have the same attitude that Christ Jesus had.”
Philippians 2:5 CEV
“And think the same way that Christ Jesus thought.”
Romans 12:2 NLT
“…Let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think.”
Ephesians 4:23 AMPC
“And be constantly renewed in the spirit of your mind [having a fresh mental and spiritual attitude].”
Be careful how you act and react. . .you attitude is showing.
2. If you’re just fired up. . .you might flame out.
Dr. James Dobson once said:
“Enthusiasm is no substitute for preparation.”
There are three kinds of people:
1. Those who know their purpose and are actively pursuing it.
2. Those who don’t know their purpose but would like to know.
3. Those who don’t know their purpose or if they even have one.
Proverbs 19:2 NLT
“Enthusiasm without knowledge is no good; haste makes mistakes.”
Psalm 90:12 KJV
“So teach us to number our days, that we may apply our hearts unto wisdom.”
Joshua 3:5 NLT
“For tomorrow the Lord will do great wonders among you.”
3. Dress to impress. . . but also clothe your mind.
1 Peter 3:3-4 NLT
“Don’t be concerned about the outward beauty of fancy hairstyles, expensive jewelry, or beautiful clothes. You should clothe yourselves instead with the beauty that comes from within, the unfading beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is so precious to God.”
God is more concerned about what He sees inside you than what He sees on the outside of you.
1 Samuel 16:7 AMPC
“But the Lord said to Samuel, Look not on his appearance or at the height of his stature, for I have rejected him. For the Lord sees not as man sees; for man looks on the outward appearance, but the Lord looks on the heart.”
4. Stop looking in the rearview mirror.
Luke 9:62 NCV
“Jesus said, "Anyone who begins to plow a field but keeps looking back is of no use in the kingdom of God."
Philippians 3:13-15 NKJV
“. . .forgetting those things which are behind and reaching forward to those things which are ahead, I press toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus.”
Isaiah 43:19 NLT
“For I am about to do something new. See, I have already begun! Do you not see it?
I will make a pathway through the wilderness. I will create rivers in the dry wasteland.”
5. It’s not what you know. . .it’s what you do with what you know.
Ecclesiastes 3:11 MSG
“There's an opportune time to do things, a right time for everything on the earth.”
Here are nine questions to help you determine if you’re a procrastinator:
- Do you wait to the last minute to undertake an important task, duty or assignment?
- Do you buy birthday and anniversary cards and presents on the day of the celebration?
- Do you postpone and reschedule doctor and dentist appointments?
- Do you wait until Christmas Eve to buy presents for your loved ones?
- Do you always get an extension for filing your income tax return?
- Do you constantly postpone your plans to clean out the attic, garage or your desk?
- Do you delay calling creditors about disputes on your monthly statements?
- Do you forget until the deadline has expired before sending in the rebate slip from a purchase you’ve made?
- Do you avoid scheduling difficult conversations with family members, your supervisor or fellow employees?
If you answered “yes” to three or more of the above questions. . .then you are in fact a procrastinator or have procrastinator tendencies. If you are one. . . STOP IT NOW!
Proverbs 6:4 NLT
“Don’t put it off; do it now! Don’t rest until you do.”
6. Your circle of friends. . .will often determine your circle of blessing.
1 Corinthians 15:33 AMPC
“Do not be so deceived and misled! Evil companionships (communion, associations) corrupt and deprave good manners and morals and character.”
Proverbs 13:20 NLT
“Walk with the wise and become wise; associate with fools and get in trouble.”
Psalm 25:12-13 TLB
"Where is the man who fears the Lord? God will teach him how to choose the best. He shall live within God's circle of blessing."
7. Focus is either a destiny maker or a destiny breaker.
Luke 9:41 MSG
“Jesus said, "What a generation! No sense of God! No focus to your lives! How many times do I have to go over these things? How much longer do I have to put up with this?”
Focus can be simply defined as ‘whatever has your attention.
Don't focus on your setbacks...spend your time planning your comeback.
Don’t let anyone’s attitude or words distract you.
Hebrews 12:2-3 MSG
“We’d better get on with it. . .keep your eyes on Jesus. . .Study how he did it. Because he never lost sight of where he was headed.”
If you want to be successful . . . never lose sight of where you’re headed.