A STRANGER AND I TOOK HIM IN…..
“He’s gone to his eternal reward.”
Sounds great, doesn’t it. The phrase is mentally soothing. . .emotionally comforting and spiritually authoritative.
The phrase is the religious way of saying that someone has gone to heaven.
As best as I can tell. . .the phrase was first written by the author James Joyce in his book The Sisters which was published in 1905.
Now don’t get me wrong. . .I’m not belittling the meaning of the expression.
It’s Good Friday. . .as I seek the Lord about my Easter Sunday night teaching at TLC,
I was led to 1 Corinthians 15:20-22:
“But now is Christ risen from the dead, and become the firstfruits of them that slept.
For since by man came death, by man came also the resurrection of the dead. For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive.”
As I was meditating on this scripture. . .I felt the Lord leading me to write on this passage. At first, I wasn’t sure exactly what he wanted me to write about.
Did He want me to write about how Resurrection Sunday should be celebrated 52 weeks a year?
I just love the unction of the Holy Spirit. . .how He corrects and directs at the same time. I even have to smile at how He does it. . .in ways you least expect it.
Recently, I was reading a book. . .which I wouldn't recommend for everybody. . .that's why I'm not giving you the title in this blog.
This particular author listed three reasons he thinks people are unsuccessful. He said people are: # 1 lazy, # 2 stupid and # 3 they don't give a . . . . well you know what that means.
Over the years, I’ve counseled so many partners to wait for Isaac because they don’t need Ishmael in their lives. We should always. . .always want God’s best in our lives.
It’s always best to wait for God’s best. . .because life is too short to do anything without God's best.
Recently, I came across a quote which not only fired my imagination but confirmed the advice I’d given over the years.
Remember the old game show “Name That Tune.” Well, it’s your turn to play and name this tune.
“I've been a puppet, a pauper, a pirate,
A poet, a pawn and a king.
I've been up and down and over and out
And I know one thing:
Each time I find myself, flat on my face,
I pick myself up and get back in the race.”
10. God has the unique ability to make something out of nothing and that’s what He’ll do with you. . .if you just let Him.
9. You are God’s masterpiece. . .does that sound like you’re a failure, a has been or a never was. Ephesians 2:10 NLT
8. God will keep you on track. . .even when it seems like you’re going around in circles and making no progress. Proverbs 3:5-6 MSG
7. A breakthrough is a sudden burst of enthusiasm, information and/or revelation that takes you beyond all previous points of past resistance into your future success.
6. Your breakthrough is ignited by who you’re listening to. Proverbs 5:7 AMP
And now the Top Five Rich Thoughts Nuggets on leadership.
5. If you’re good at developing successful leaders . . .you’ll never be out of a job or broke again.
4. A leader never settles for what is instead of what can be..
3. The bad thing about a one-man band . . .is that when the leader gets tired and takes a break. . .the music stops.
2. One of the greatest revelations you can ever receive is that you’re working for the Lord and not the “man.” Ephesians 6:7 NLT
And now (drum roll) the # 1 Rich Thought Nugget on leadership.
1. God will never bless what He hasn't approved. Exodus 18:18 MSG
On the last Sunday of a year…several years back…I was sitting in the service at The Wisdom Center where my good friend and mentor, Dr. Mike Murdock is the Pastor and Founder.
During the service, Dr. Murdock asked me to share what we should know to make the new year….successful. I asked the Lord what He would have me say and instantly He gave me six words.
“Quit Looking In The Rearview Mirror.”
10. I don’t need an agent from CSI or NCIS to tell me I have royal blood flowing through my veins. ..it's in my spiritual DNA.
9. If you have wisdom…you can get wealth but without wisdom you will never get or keep wealth.
8. Accept temporary mistakes, detours and disappointments as just that, temporary. Psalm 34:19 NCV
7. When you learn to turn rejection into direction. . .you’re on the road to success.
6. Every decision you make today is a seed to what your harvest will be like tomorrow. So, plant your decisions carefully.
Here are the Top 5 Rich Thoughts Nuggets of the week.
5. Never complain about a lack of time when the problem may be a lack of focus.
4. Your dreams will never become a reality unless you pursue them with a passion and a plan.
3. If you don’t dare to dream…outside your comfort zone…you’ll maintain your status quo…existing the same old way forever.
2. It’s amazing people can often hear everything the devil is saying but are not sure what God is saying. Ask Him. Jeremiah 33:3
And the # 1 Rich Thoughts Nugget you selected is:
1. In the world…when you give something away, you have less. In God's economy...when you give something away it returns...multiplied.
More Articles ...
- 7 Keys To Being A Dreamer
- Top 10 - Reasons Action Is Required
- 7 Things To Do To Experience 7 Kinds Of Wealth
- Top 10 - Reasons To Depend On God
- 7 Ways To Develop The Right Kind Of Attitude
- Seven Life-Changing Exercises
- Top 10 - God's Way Of Doing Business
- 3M Plus 2M Plus 2M Equals Your Success
- 7 Reasons God Wants You To Be An Action Star
- Top 10 - Reasons For Thinking